Sunday 16 January 2011

A Point APiece

Well the Merseyside Derby was just as exciting as usual, and with Liverpool and Everton as close as ever to trouble, this match had more importance. Well it all started so well, Liverpool were showing fantastic improvement, Torres now with longer hair returned back to his former self and then bang Raul Meireles, a man who I have slaughtered in the past for his lack of passion at Liverpool, scored a well deserved goal. Everton couldn't even get a shot away. Liverpool dominated and well Everton seemed out. So the 45th minute came and with it half time. In just 45 Minutes Liverpool seemed to have returned to their former selves. The Passion was back, the fans had belief and Anfield was jumping. Well up until the 46th minute. Agger was withdrawn from the team at half time due to illness. And then a Liverpool player who I have a passionate hate for, Skrtel, yes Skrtel, this guy does not know what he is doing. He looks like he is lost in a world in which he didn't belong. Over the course of the season he's become a figure of everything that has gone wrong with Liverpool over the past season.
Well 46th Minute corner ball, whipped in, Skrtel leaves Distin and well 1 - 1. So I thought great, you know what toilet time, and just as I was about to open the door, BECKFORD!! 2 - 1,  I fell to my knee's and I wondered what the hell can King Kenny do to sort out this team a shadow of Liverpool's past. Well the minutes went quicker and quicker, as I sat on the edge of my seat, biting my nails and getting de ja vu of how many times Liverpool FC have made me do that. Then PENALTY!! Liverpool finally got a break, a clear penalty and up stepped the always energetic Dirk Kuyt, and GOAL!! I fell off my seat and breathed a sigh of relief. This article would be a lot different if it finished 2 - 1, trust me I don't hold anything back. Well it finished 2 - 2, A point I was content with due to us going down 2 - 1, but still it's a poor result for this former big 4.

So My Key points from this game;

Torres is now suspended after receiving his 5th Yellow card
Torres is actually looking like his old self and maybe a game out can help him
Dani Pacheco was yet again un-used Liverpool's best youth still hasn't started a Liverpool game
Jonjo Shelvey was yet again played, when will Kenny learn he just isn't that good
Babel yet again doesn't start and his time at Liverpool seems to be coming to an end

and finally I still hate Skrtel

This is Synyster and Yes I am a Liverpool fan

No comments:

Post a Comment